The art contest
Information on the art contest
„BUDYNKI SZANUJĘ, NA ŚCIANACH NIE MALUJĘ”
(Buildings – to respect, not to vandalize)
as a part of the „Wspólne Osiedla”(Common estates) social campaign
Aneta Kominiak of The Young Offender Matters Team of the Provincial Police Station in Zgierz
The Lux Pro Monument Foundation – he organizer of the Festival of Kinetic Art of Light Light. Move. Festival. and The City of Zgierz Officeprovided the patronage over the contest
Students of secondary schools in Zgierz: Nr 1 (2 Musierowicza St.), Nr 2 (46a 3 Maja St.), Nr 3 (1 Lesmiana St.)
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- Organizing an art contest for schools
- Promotion of positive behavior towards someone else’s property, pointimg out the problem of vandalism and applying vulgar inscriptions on facades of building
- Increasing the level of protection of the national and local heritage
- Raising awareness of value of aesthetic charasteristic of public places
- Prevention of demoralization and juvenile delinquency
- Integration of youth and inspiring youth to develop artistic skills
- Cooperation with the Lux PRO MONUMENTIS Foundation, with the aims of raising the awareness of local communities.
MAIN LINES OF THE PROJECT:
The Police is required to initiate and realize preventive measures aimed at minimizing the hazards among minors.
The contest aims to draw attention to the importance of aesthetic charasteristic of public places
Youth should be aware that painting and vandalism of bus stops, buildings or other places without the permission of their owners is punishable.
The Lux PRO MONUMENTIS Foundation’a actions are based the fact that light is the least invasive and most effective way to create a new image of buildings.
Light.Move.Festival. promotes green technology by showing unique architectural illuminations , lighting installations , 3D mapping , large format video projection .
The organizers want to encourage young people to fantasize on the carton , not on the walls of the building.